Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chrysler, With $4 Billion in U.S. Aid, Won’t Report Finances

Bloomberg: Chrysler, With $4 Billion in U.S. Aid, Won’t Report Finances

That’s another sobering headline that pretty much says it all. Chrysler is owned by a hedge fund, Cerberus. They are a “private” company, after all, and claim that they owe no one the reporting regiment required by public companies! And our elected officials seem to agree, they certainly have not required otherwise. Oh, but the Treasury is requiring them to report to them, they just won’t make them public, just like they won’t tell us how the TARP money is being spent, all the while talking up the importance of transparency.

It amazes me that hardly a handful of Americans are being vocal about this. Frankly, I’m not only sick and tired of seeing this type of bull, I’m tired of talking about it as I’ve been doing for the past 4 years now – but I won’t back down! The math will ultimately do the talking, these latest two headlines go hand in hand. No, Mr. Obama, we won’t have trillion dollar deficits “for years,” our system doesn’t have “years.”


Tom Petty – I Won’t Back Down: