Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Interview with Steve Patterson of “Two Beers with Steve” fame…

Steve and I have great conversations – they’re usually best when we’re not recording an interview, they just flow. I was listening to one of his interviews a while back and the thought occurred to me that Steve has something to say... but because he’s always in the role of interviewer, he seldom has the opportunity to express his thoughts in depth. I was also interested in what Steve’s background is, so it dawned on me that I should turn the tables on him and ask him the questions!

What came out is a fairly lengthy, free-flowing type of conversation, Two Beers style. And I learned a lot about Steve and what makes him tick. It’s a little on the long side, about an hour and a half, but listening to Steve’s professional sounding voice and calm demeanor makes it a comfortable listen.

Here’s Steve’s Two Beers introduction:
The table gets turned in this episode and Nathan Martin (A two time guest on 2BwS, woop-woop) asks the questions. We explore topics such as my background, which tends to go on longer than it should have... but who doesn't like talking about themselves, c'mon! We also talk about the show; past guests, thoughts I've pulled away from my guests, what I've learned, yadda-yadda.

The interview eventually breaks down into the typical type of conversations that me and Nathan have had. The conversation seems to follow a narrow stream of consciousness and I think most everyone will appreciate the candidness of both Nathan and I. These are the types of conversations that more people should be having.

I don't think anywhere in the interview are we complaining about what THEY are doing to US. That is an important statement for me to make, because I don't want to view myself as a victim of the system, or some higher power (Royal Order of the Frog? hmmm.).

I hope you enjoy this episode

Steve Patterson Two Beers Interview (.mp3)